Frequent Asked Question
Course Instructors and Teaching Assistants
IBEC instructors work hard to provide students with high quality courses and compelling learning experiences. Depending on the course, it may have more than one instructor, as well as teaching assistants to help answer questions you may have.
IBEC courses are created and overseen by experts in their respective fields. You can see who the instructors are for a course, and review information about them, by scrolling down to the “About The Instructor” section on the course landing page.
Instructors can also add teaching assistants to their courses, who can help them with their course materials and respond to student questions in the Q&A.
Even though a Teaching Assistant’s profile may not appear on the course landing page, they are also experts in the course subject, and can provide accurate answers to your questions.
How Does IBEC Work? FAQ
IBEC’s mission is to help generate and promote current and future leadership for a sustainable future. Our global marketplace features an extensive, which includes many number of courses taught by expert instructors. You can take courses across a wide range of categories, some of which include: business & entrepreneurship, sustainability, the arts, health & fitness, and much more!
Below are answers to some of the frequently asked questions we receive about how IBEC works.
What do IBEC courses include?
Each IBEC course is created, owned and managed by the instructor(s). The foundation of each IBEC course are its lectures, which can include videos, slides, and text. In addition, instructors can add resources and various types of practice activities, as a way to enhance the learning experience of students.
Additional information on IBEC platforms and features can be reviewed here.
For tips on how to find courses you may be interested in taking, please click here.
How do I take a IBEC course?
IBEC courses are entirely on-demand. You can begin the course whenever you like, and there are no deadlines to complete it.
IBEC courses can be accessed from several different devices and platforms, including a desktop, laptop, and mobile.
After you enroll in a course, you can access it by clicking on the course link you will receive in your confirmation email (provided you’re logged into your IBEC account). You can also begin the course by logging in and navigating to your My Courses page.
Do I have to start my IBEC course at a certain time? And how long do I have to complete it?
As noted above, there are no deadlines to begin or complete the course. Even after you complete the course you will continue to have access to it, provided that your account’s in good standing, and IBEC continues to have a license to the course. To learn more about our Lifetime Access policy, please click here.
Do I receive anything after I complete a course
We offer skills-based courses and every approved, paid course features a certificate of completion to document your accomplishment.
Is there any way to preview a course?
How can I pay for a course?
IBEC supports several different payment methods, depending on your account country and location. More information on IBEC payment methods can be viewed here.
Where can I go for help?
If you find you have a question about a paid course while you’re taking it, you can search for answers to your question in the Q&A, or ask the instructor.
Our Help Center has extensive information regarding IBEC’s various features, and articles with troubleshooting steps to help you quickly resolve any issues you encounter. Our support team is also happy to help.
Add a Course to Your Wishlist
Adding free or paid courses to your wishlist is a quick and easy way to save a course for later, and enroll in it when you’re ready. This article outlines how you can add courses to your wishlist from the course card, course landing page or from your shopping cart.
How to Add a Course to Your Wishlist From the Course Card
To add a course to your wishlist from the course card, please follow the steps below.
- Search or browse for a course
- Hover your mouse over the course card
- Click the heart that appears beside Add to Cart, and the course will be added to your wishlist
How to Add a Course to Your Wishlist From the Course Landing Page
If you need to add a course to your wishlist, from the course landing page, please follow these steps:
- Search or browse for a course
- Click on the course icon and you’ll be directed to the course landing page
- The wishlist icon is located above the course details at the top right hand of the page
- Click the Wishlist heart, and the course will be added to your wishlist
Finding Your Wishlist
You can quickly access your Wishlist by following the steps below
- Click My Courses at the top right of the page
- Click the Wishlist tab
- All of the courses you have added to your Wishlist will appear on the page
Remove Courses From Wishlist
To remove a courses from the Wishlist, click the red heart located on the course card. The course will no longer be included.
Creating and Editing Your Profile
Every IBEC account includes a profile page, where you can share information about yourself, and add links to your personal website or social media profiles.
For IBEC instructors, your profile is also your Instructor biography, and is your dedicated space to present your expertise, your experience and your personality.
How to Edit Your Profile
To edit your profile, including your profile’s image, move your cursor to your profile name at the top right of the page and click on Account in the drop-down menu. You can also head to your profile page by clicking here.
To edit your profile bio, simply type in your first and last name, your headline, and what you want your biography to say. Next, click Save at the bottom of the page.
How to Upload Your Profile Picture
To upload (or edit) your profile picture, click Photo on the left-hand side of your Profile page. Then choose an image from your computer to upload. Once it’s uploaded, you can crop it, if necessary, and then click Save.
How to Add External Links to Your Profile
In your profile you can add links to your personal website, YouTube channel, and social media profiles like Google+, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. These links can provide more information about your experience and credentials, and are a great way for instructors to tell students more about them and increase their audience.
To add external links to your profile, scroll to the bottom of your Profile page and enter your information. After you’ve entered the external links, click Save.
Keeping Your Account Secure
IBEC has security protocols in place to help keep your account secure, but there are several things you can also do to protect your account, and dramatically reduce the likelihood of it being compromised.
Create a Strong Password
Choosing a strong and unique password is an extremely effective way to protect your account and prevent unauthorized access. While selecting a password for your account, we strongly recommend you consider the following:
- Passwords must be at least 8 characters long. Remember that longer passwords are always better since they are harder to crack.
- The best passwords are longer and contain a mix of letters, numbers, symbols (e.g. #, !, &), uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Passwords should be unique to you and should not contain:
- Sequential letters or numbers (e.g. abcdefgh, 12345678)
- Repeating letters or numbers (e.g. dddddddd, 88888888)
- Words that are commonly used in the dictionary or across the internet
- Words related to our site (e.g. “udemy”)
- Your own name or email address, or words you might use on your social media accounts like your location or favorite team
- Don’t use obvious numbers (for example, don’t use numbers that are in your birthday or phone number)
- Create a unique password for each account and service you have, rather than using the same password for each site, especially if there have been security breaches with those passwords. This way if one of your accounts is compromised, then that password cannot be used to gain access into your other accounts.
- Rather than creating your own complex password, use a browser plug-in, system keychain, or third-party password manager to create and store complex passwords.
Change Your Password Periodically
We also recommend changing your password periodically, as this is another great way to keep your account secure. When you do change your password, we recommend creating a new one, rather than using a password you’ve already used.
For steps on how to change your account’s password, please click here.
More Tips to Protect Your Account
In addition to selecting a strong and unique password, there are several other simple ways you can protect your account, and greatly reduce the likelihood of it being compromised.
- If you’re accessing your IBEC account from a public or shared device, be sure to log out of your account when you’re finished studying.
- Always log in at https://www.ibec.co.in/. Check the URL of the page before you enter your login info if you’re unsure. In addition, you can also type https://www.ibec.co.in directly into your browser.
- Do not write down or store your password in your files or online accounts.
- Do not share your IBEC account or account credentials with others.
- If a computer or mobile device you used to access your IBEC account is lost or stolen, use another device to initiate a password reset email.
How to Change or Reset Your Password
This article explains how you can change the password for your IBEC account, and request a reset password email if you have forgotten it.
How to reset your password
If you can’t remember the password for your IBEC account, you can request a reset password email from the login page:
- Move your cursor to the top right of IBEC’s homepage, then click on Login
- Click Forgot Password
- Next, click on Reset Password
- Check your inbox for the reset password email and complete the steps to change your password
Can’t find the reset password email?
If you do not receive the password reset message within an hour, please check your spam folder. Also, please be sure the [email protected] email is added to your safe sender list.
How to change your account’s password
You can change your password at any time by doing the following:
- Log in to your account
- Move your cursor to the top right of IBEC’s homepage and hover on your name
- Click Account on the dropdown
- Click Edit Profile in the left side
Enter your current password, your new password, re-type your new password, then click on Change Password.
Did you sign up for IBEC using the Facebook or Google option?
When you sign up using the Google or Facebook option, no password is created for your IBEC account. If you wish to create a password for your IBEC account and log in with the same email address that’s registered with , Google or Facebook moving forward, please follow the steps outlined above to reset your password.
You can access the email address that is registered for your IBEC account in your Account settings