Crafting a great product is just the first half of the story of running a successful business because generating revenue is dependent upon making the potential customers aware of the product, its advantages and the reasons why it is better than its competitors. Hence, the second half of your business story requires you to communicate this information effectively to the masses and the responsibility of writing this story rests on the shoulders of the Marketing & Sales teams. Thus, it is evident that the success of a product and an organization relies heavily on the robustness and seamless collaboration between its Marketing & Sales functions.
The Professional certificate in “Marketing & Sales” aims to improve the knowledge and skill sets of working professionals concerning the alignment of marketing and sales functions to deliver superior customer value and to achieve higher profitability. More specifically, the course has been developed in such a way that it deepens the participant’s understanding of marketing management concepts so that they will be able to appreciate the critical role of the same in the sales planning and management functions. This improves the participant’s ability to comprehend the ways and means to deliver superior customer value by utilizing the potential of sales. Thus, the successful completion of this course will provide directions to a new career orientation by re-orienting their marketing foundations with a strong base in the area of sales management.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the foundations of marketing and be able to connect them with sales
- Have better clarity in terms of basic marketing parameters and its interlinkages with sales functions.
- Possess improved knowledge and skill sets that support marketing related planning and execution in organizations through the sales team’s contributions in the areas of product development, pricing, place related decisions, and marketing promotion mix decisions
- Deepen the awareness and understanding of the typical conflicts between marketing and sales, and how to resolve them
- Equip themselves to plan and prepare timely recommendations that support the alignment of sales & marketing